Explore the top attractions on each of the US Virgin Islands
With a strong revival in tourism, no need for a passport and plenty of attractions and natural beauty, the US Virgin Islands are a perfect travel option. Hotels and resorts are opening like the Ritz-Carlton in St. Thomas, promising luxury accommodations wherever you plan to stay.
A few tips to make your travel seamless as the busier season for travel begins:
- Plan your trip in advance
- Consider a stay in January when rates can be lower than other winter months
- When you rent a car, drivers drive on the left side of the street
- You must have an earpiece while driving (you could get a ticket)
- And don’t forget the sunscreen!
To assist you in planning your stay, we’ve compiled the top places to visit on each island when traveling to paradise, the US Virgin Islands.
Top Things to Do in St Thomas
- Charlotte Amalie boasts incredible shopping with boutique shops and souvenir stores.
- Magens Bay is a popular white sand beach ideal for swimming, snorkeling and an exceptional view. This beach makes the list of the Top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world and it’s easy to see why.
- Main Street in St. Thomas is known as the best shopping plaza in the Caribbean.
- Coral World Ocean Park is an indoor-outdoor aquarium with an aviary, offshore underwater observatory and coral reef exhibit.
- Blackbeard’s Castle is a five-story masonry tower with restaurant and popular hotel nearby. Legend says it once served as a lookout post for pirate, Blackbeard.
- Emancipation Garden holds a rich history and a replica of the Liberty Bell.
- 99 Steps, though the full count is 103, were built from the ballast bricks of the tall ships coming back from the old world.
Top Things to Do in St John
- Virgin Islands National Park highlights the natural beauty of the islands as 60% of St. John is protected by the National Park Service.
- Trunk Bay features pristine white sand beaches and turquoise waters with a marked underwater snorkel trail. It was named after the large ‘trunk-like’ leatherback turtles that use the beach as a nesting spot.
- Reef Bay Trail is a 2.2-mile hike passing through forest, sugar mills and a gorgeous beach.
- Bajo El Sol Gallery & Art Bar is a delightful mix of art gallery and espresso, wine and dessert bar.
Top Things to Do in St Croix
- Embrace a farm-to-table dining attraction with the St. Croix Food & Wine Experience.
- Cruzan Rum Distillery offers tours of their facility while teaching distilling and bottling.
- Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge is a habitat for leatherback sea turtles on a gorgeous two-mile stretch of beaches.
- Heritage Trail is a 72-mile self-guided driving tour between Frederiksted and Christiansted taking you through some of the island’s incredible historic and natural attractions.
- Christiansted is a quaint town with pink and gold buildings, wonderful accommodations, dining and entertainment.
- St. George Village Botanical Garden is a 16-acre garden with over 1,000 varieties of plants.
Top Things to Do in Water Island
- Emerald and Honeymoon Beach are great places for snorkeling, swimming and taking in the natural beauty of Water Island.
- Fort Segarra is an underground fort used during World War II. Tourists can walk the tunnel and view the underground rooms.
- Hassel Island Historic Park features more than 135 acres of land for hikers and tourists alike.
Come experience all that US Virgin Islands have to offer this winter and extend your stay with fractional ownership properties or a vacation home! Check out some of the properties available here.